Romanian braised chicken with vegetables.
Total time: 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1.2kg chicken breast, cubed
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- bread or rice for serving
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until onions are browned (5 minutes).
- Add bell pepper and carrots and continue cooking until peppers begin to soften (5-8 minutes).
- Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring, until chicken is browned (10 – 15 minutes).
- Add tomato paste, wine, sugar, thyme, and rosemary. Stir thoroughly, then cover and simmer until chicken is fully cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Serve with bread or rice.
- Mama: 4/5
- Papa: 4/5
- Girlie: 4/5
- TW: 4/5
- McM: 4/5, delicious meal, very flavorful!
Original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/chicken-ghiveci-romanian-braised-chicken-297592