Carne y Chimichurri
Argentinean flank steak with parsley sauce. Pictured above (top right) with bunuelos de espinaca (top left) and tzatziki sauce (bottom).
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 medium-size jalapenos, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 bay leaves
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1.5kg flank steak (can substitute tenderloin if flank steak not available)
- Preheat a grill or broiler to high.
- In a food processor, combine vinegar, jalapenos, garlic, and bay leaves. Puree until smooth. Add the herbs, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Puree briefly until well-blended. Set aside.
- Season the flank steak with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grill/broil the steak medium rare. Slice the steak thinly. Serve with chimichurri sauce.
- Mama: 5/5 for chimichurri sauce, fantastic!
- Papa: 4.7/5, great steak and great sauce!
- Girlie: 3/5, I don’t really like steak
- TW: 5/5, the steak and sauce combination is perfect
- McM: 4/5, I don’t generally like steak but the chimichurri sauce is very flavorful and I think it would go well with many other dishes