Traditional Filipino noodle dish with vegetables, pork, chicken, and shrimp.
Total time: 50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g pork shoulder, thinly sliced
- 1 medium chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 250g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup yellow beans, julienned
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 500g packaged rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced (for garnish)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges (for garnish)
- bean sprouts (for garnish)
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes, then remove the stems and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large wok.
- Sauce garlic and onions until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Add pork, chicken, and shrimp. Cook until evenly browned (about 6 minutes).
- Add soy sauce and chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add cabbage, green beans, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender yet crisp (about 5-8 minutes).
- Add rice noodles, mixing to immerse in broth. Cook until liquid is absorbed and noodles are soft (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onions, lemon wedges, bean sprouts, and soy sauce as desired.
- Mama: 4/5
- Papa: 4/5, would recommend using fewer noodles (350g)
- Girlie: 4/5
- TW: 5/5, very tasty with lemon juice as garnish!
- McM: 4.5/5, delicious!
Original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/pancit-canton-25121