Lentils and Pechay
Filipino side dish with bok choy.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups canned lentils, drained
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetarian chicken broth
- Blend the onion in a food processor to create a soft mush.
- In a large pan, combine blended onion, 1/2 cup broth, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes. Cook (3 minutes).
- Add the canned lentils and remaining broth. Bring to a boil, add the bok choy, and cook until tender (about 5-8 minutes).
- Mama: 3.5/5
- Papa: 4/5, would be even better with more bok choy!
- Girlie: 4.5/5
- TW: 3.5/5, I don’t like tomatoes
- McM: 4/5, double the amount of bok choy next time!
- Lentils were substituted for mung beans in the original recipe. Mung beans were not available in our local grocery stores.
Original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/philippines-monggo-beans-and-pechay-mung-beans-and-bok-choi-305953?photo=155213