Traditional Icelandic dish with cod or halibut. Pictured above (left) with brauoterta (bottom) and spiced cabbage with blueberries (right).
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 fish fillets (cod or halibut)
- 1 lemon
- 250g emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 180° C (350° F).
- Place fish fillets in a buttered baking dish. Season fillets with salt, peppers, and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Cover the fish with grated cheese.
- Mix mustard with cream and pour mixture over fish. Cover with breadcrumbs.
- Bake fish for 35 minutes until topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
- McM: 5/5, amazing fish with a delicious creamy sauce!
Original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-fish-from-iceland-103714