Italian Sausage Skewers
Easy Italian side dish with sausage and cheese.
Total time: 20 minutes
- 4 large (approximately 250g) Italian poultry sausages
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 24 pitted kalamata olives
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 cubes Friulano cheese
- 24 6-inch wooden skewers
- Cook the sausage by boiling for 10-12 minutes or according to package instructions. Let cool and cut into 1 inch rounds.
- Assemble skewers by placing an olive 1/3 of the way up the skewer, then adding a folded basil leaf, a cube of cheese, a cherry tomato, and a sausage round.
- Position everything on the end of the skewer so the skewer can stand up on its sausage end.
- Mama: 5/5, delicious appetizer, would be even better if the sausage were cut into smaller pieces (1/2 inch rounds)
- Papa: 4.5/5, the basil adds a nice flavour!
- Girlie: 2.5/5
- TW: 5/5
- McM: 4/5