Icelandic-style sandwich loaf with shrimp.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 250g cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large loaf white bread (French-bread style loaf)
- pepper to taste
- cucumber, sliced (for garnish)
- tomato, sliced (for garnish)
- parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- sour cream (for garnish)
- Hard boil eggs. Allow eggs to cool, then peel and mash.
- Cut the loaf into three even slices lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise and sour cream. Add bell pepper, mashed eggs, shrimp, garlic powder, and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the bottom layer of bread on a serving tray and spread half the filling over it. Top with the middle slice of bread and spread the remaining filling. Top with the third slice of bread
- Garnish with additional sour cream, cucumbers, tomatoes, and parsley. Slice and serve.
- McM: 3/5, very tasty, however I would recommend using less mayo to make it less runny and easier to serve