Traditional Sri Lankan salad with a strong but refreshing flavour.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 bunches Italian flat-leaf parsley (substituted for Sri Lankan gotukola)
- 3 tablespoons white onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 50g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 50g sweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- Rinse parsley. Chop coarsely.
- In a medium bowl, combine parsley, onion, tomato, coconut, and lime juice. Use tongs to mix the salad until ingredients evenly distributed. Serve.
- Mama: 4.5/5, would be great as a summer salad!
- Papa: 4/5
- Girlie: 2/5
- TW: 4/5
- McM: 3/5
Original recipe: http://www.srilankanrecipes.info/recipes/Sambols/GotukolaSambol.aspx