German Spinach and Ham
A savory German side dish.
Total time: 20 minutes
- 500g fresh baby spinach
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 200g cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Steam spinach, drain excess liquid, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Stir in spinach, ham, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Heat through and serve.
- McM: 4.5/5, delicious compliment to schnitzel!
Original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/german-style-spinach-or-chard-315601