Dessert sauce served with berries and biscotti.
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1kg strawberries, sliced
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 5 prepackaged biscotti
- Toss the strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine 1 egg, 4 egg yolks, 3 tablespoons sugar, wine, vanilla, and salt in a large heatproof bowl.
- Set the bowl over a saucepan of gently boiling water. Do not let the bowl touch the water. See photo below.
- Whisk vigorously over medium heat until thick and creamy (8-10 minutes).
- Immediately pour over berries and serve with biscotti.
- Mama: 4/5, creamy texture similar to meringue
- Papa: 4/5, this dessert would go well with coffee!
- TW: 2.5/5, tastes like marshmallows and I don’t like marshmallows
- McM: 4/5, refreshing dessert!
Original recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/zabaglione-with-berries-recipe.html