Finnish beet steaks.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 400ml cans sliced beets, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Dip beets in beaten egg. Coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a skillet, melt better over medium-low heat. Saute beet slices, turning once to brown each side (3 minutes per side).
- Place on serving platter, sprinkle with lemon juice, and garnish with parsley.
- Mama: 3.5/5
- Papa: 3.5/5
- Girlie: 3/5
- TW: 3.5
- McM: 3.5/5, great way to serve beets, but would be even better with fresh garden beets (baked and sliced) instead of canned beets!
- AC: 3/5
Original recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/punajuuripihvit-finnish-beet-steaks-373374