Thai Green Curry Chicken Stew
Hearty chicken stew with green curry and coconut milk.
Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons green curry paste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 400ml cans regular unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 400ml cans “lite” unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 250g thin rice noodles, broken into pieces
- 3 medium chicken breasts, thinly sliced crosswise
- 100g shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- fresh bean sprouts (for garnish)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned (8 minutes).
- Add garlic and curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant (2 minutes).
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, and fish sauce. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add bell peppers and noodles and simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are al dente (3 minutes).
- Add chicken and carrots and simmer until chicken is cooked through (3-5 minutes).
- Stir in lime juice, cilantro, and scallions and simmer (3 minutes).
- Add more fish sauce and lime juice to taste. Serve with bean sprouts as garnish.
- Mama: 5/5
- Papa: 5/5
- Girlie: 5/5
- TW: 4.5/5
- McM: 5/5, amazing! So flavorful! One of my favorite recipes so far!
- Kid Cairo: 5/5