Shrimp Scampi Linguini
Greek-style pasta dish. Pictured above (on right) with spanakopita (on left).
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1kg linguini
- 1kg medium or large shrimp, peeled and de-veined with tails removed
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 sprigs oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente.
- Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a deep skillet and cook garlic on medium heat until browned (3 minutes).
- Add shrimp and cook on medium heat (3 minutes).
- Add red pepper flakes, lemon zest, oregano, olives, and wine and cook on medium heat (2 minutes).
- Add lemon juice and 1 cup of starchy pasta cooking water to skillet. Remove from heat.
- When pasta is cooked to al dente, drain water and add pasta to skillet.
- Toss with parsley and feta. Feta will melt onto pasta.
- Top with chopped olives and serve.
- McM: 3/5, very tasty though oregano creates a strong flavor